Glamorgan played two Sunday League games at Vicarage Field, which forms part of the sports complex owned by the University College of Wales in Aberystwyth. The ground takes its name from the vicarage associated with Llanbadarn Church, and forms part of an area leased to the University by David Davies of Llandinam in 1906.
The field was levelled and subsequently used for athletics, soccer, rugby and cricket. In the years either side of the Great War, changing rooms and a pavilion were erected at Vicarage Field. Glamorgan used the University`s facilities for the pre-season training during the late 1930s and, after the Second World War, the county sent a team to Aberystwyth for an annual game either against the University or a combined Welsh Universities XI.
The first Sunday League match took place at Vicarage Field on 31 July 1977 as part of the town`s 900th Centenary celebrations. Essex were the visitors and won by 15 runs after Graham Gooch had scored 80. The second match occurred on 27 August 1989 as part of Glamorgan’s Centenary celebrations but, once again, the visitors won with Warwickshire winning by six wickets despite Hugh Morris making 83 for the Welsh county.
Click on the link below to see the ground records at Vicarage Road.