The Cricket Grounds of Wales

Below is a selection of images, both past and present, of some of the cricket grounds in Wales. We would be delighted to add any images which you have of your own club’s venue, so please send an email to museum@glamorgancricket.co.uk

Abergavenny – the Avenue Road ground seen in 1988 as Glamorgan play Worcestershire. Photo Credit – Glamorgan Cricket Archives.
Aberystwyth – the Vicarage Field ground as seen in 2007. Photo Credit – CC4 Museum of Welsh Cricket.
Bridgend – the Newbridge Fields ground seen during the early 1950s. Photo Credit – CC4 Museum of Welsh Cricket.
Builth Wells, as seen during the 1940s. Photo Credit – CC4 Museum of Welsh Cricket.
The Colwyn Bay CC ground at Rhos-on-Sea as seen on a postcard dated 1930. Image Credit – Glamorgan Cricket Archives.
Cowbridge – an image of the Broadshoard during the 1930s. Image Credit – Jeff Bird / Cowbridge CC.
Ebbw Vale – an image of the Eugene Cross ground, taken during a List A game staged by Glamorgan in 1988. Photo Credit – Glamorgan Cricket Archives.
Gowerton – an aerial image of the ground. Photo Credit – Gowerton CC.
Llandudno – an image of The Oval taken in 2007. Photo Credit – CC4 Museum of Welsh Cricket.
Marchwiel Hall – an image of the ground near Wrexham, taken during 2009. Phoot Credit – CC4 Museum of Welsh Cricket.
Merthyr Tydfil – an image of the Hoovers Sports Ground taken in 1988 when Glamorgan staged a List A match at the ground. Photo Credit – Glamorgan Cricket Archives.
Newport – the now defunct Rodney Parade ground, as seen in 1990. Image Credit – Mike Knight / Newport CC.
Northop Hall – as seen during 2011. Photo Credit – CC4 Museum of Welsh Cricket.
Panteg – a view of the ground in Griffithstown, taken in 2006. Photo Credit – Glamorgan Cricket Archives.
St.Fagans – an aerial view of the ground on the western fringe of Cardiff. Image Credit – Gareth Watkins / St Fagans CC.
Usk – as seen during 2007. Photo Credit – Glamorgan Cricket Archives.
Vale of Clwyd – the ground near Denbigh, as seen during the 1930s. Photo Credit – CC4 Museum of Welsh Cricket.
Ystrad Mynach – a postcard of the field used by the local club, dated 1913. Image Credit – CC4 Museum of Welsh Cricket.